Reschedule a Court Date
You have a few options if you cannot make your scheduled court date for a civil case.
- Hire an attorney to appear on your behalf.
- File a motion.
You can file a motion requesting a new court date.
- A blank motion form is available here.
- Fill it out completely including the case number.
- The filing fee is $3.00. Any motion without the required filing fee will not be processed.
- You can mail, fax or e-file it with us
Clerk of Court
555 North Erie Street
Toledo, OH 43604
You will need to create an account on the site.
- You must always send a copy to the other party on the case. This is the certification on the bottom of the motion form – you are certifying you sent the opposing party a copy.
- Pursuant to Local Rule 14(H), all motions to continue a court date should be filed at least seven days in advance.