Reschedule a Court Date

You have a few options if you cannot make your scheduled court date for a criminal or traffic case. Please be aware that court dates cannot be rescheduled over the phone. 

  1. Hire an attorney to appear on your behalf

  2. File a motion 
    You can file a motion requesting a new court date. 

    • A blank motion form is available here

    • Fill it out completely including the case number.

    • You can mail, fax or e-file it with us


      Clerk of Court
      Criminal / Traffic Division
      555 North Erie Street
      Toledo, OH 43604

      Fax – 419-245-1801

      You will need to create an account on the site, but it will not cost you anything to file the motion.

    • If you mail or fax your motion, you must send a copy to the Toledo Prosecutor’s office. This is the certification on the bottom of the motion form – you are certifying you sent the prosecutor a copy.

    • If e-file your motion, you can leave the certification blank, we will email a copy to the prosecutor.