Frequently Asked Questions

You can pay a ticket in the following ways: In person. You can pay your ticket in person by coming to the counter in the criminal / traffic division Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM at 555 North Erie Street. By Mail. You can mail your payment along with your ticket number, social security number or copy of your ticket to: Toledo Municipal Clerk of Court 555 North Erie Street Toledo, Ohio 43604.

You can pay your ticket online or over the phone by calling 419-936-3650, ext. 3 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday – Friday and from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.

The warrant block was either issued due to a bench warrant or you owe the court money for fines and/or costs. If a bench warrant was issued in your case, you must come to court. If you have a warrant block because of money owed to the court, all of the money must be paid in full before we can release the block.

If you have received a summons to appear on a criminal or traffic case, you need to appear in court at the designated date, time and location. If you have received a civil summons action in forcible entry and detainer, you need to appear in court at the designated date, time and location. If you have received a civil summons action, you have twenty-eight (28) days from the date of service to file an answer.

Criminal or Traffic Case

You have a few options if you cannot make your scheduled court date for a criminal or traffic case.

  1. Hire an attorney to appear on your behalf

  2. Come to Court before your scheduled court appearance
    The court has dedicated courtrooms for walk-ins for these types of cases. You can come to walk-in court Monday through Friday from 8:30 – 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM.  We are located at 555 North Erie Street in downtown Toledo. Once you come through the entrance you will see a counter in front of you. Please stand in this line and tell the clerk you would like to see the Judge to resolve the cases. The clerk will direct you to the appropriate courtroom and send the case files up.

  3. File a motion 
    You can file a motion requesting a new court date. 

    • A blank motion form is available here

    • Fill it out completely including the case number.

    • You can mail, fax or e-file it with us


      Clerk of Court
      Criminal / Traffic Division
      555 North Erie Street
      Toledo, OH 43604

      Fax – 419-245-1801

      You will need to create an account on the site, but it will not cost you anything to file the motion.

    • If you mail or fax your motion, you must send a copy to the Toledo Prosecutor’s office. This is the certification on the bottom of the motion form – you are certifying you sent them a copy.

    • If e-file your motion, you can leave the certification blank, we will email a copy to the prosecutor.



You need to file a motion with the court. Sample motion forms can be found at the Library and on our website. If you were convicted of the charge a $50.00 fee is required when the motion is filed. If the case was dismissed, there is no filing fee. Your case will be reviewed and you will be notified to attend a hearing for the decision on the motion.

Call Capital Recovery Systems at (800) 693-6835.

If your claim amount does not exceed $6,000.00 you may file a complaint in the Small Claims Department. You do not need an attorney to file this complaint. If your claim amount does not exceed $15,000.00 you may file a complaint in the Civil General Department.  A step by step guide to filing a small claims suit is available here

Many forms are available in the Forms section of this website. You can also purchase forms from the Downtown Print Shop and Toledo Legal News.